Master Plan Project Construction Update • February 27 – March 5
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Signs for the Residential Parking Permit (RPP) program have been installed on streets that have submitted petitions to the City of Oakland. Enforcement will begin on Friday, March 11.
- Foundational drilling operations for the new Outpatient Center (OPC2) will continue this week. Heavy equipment will be removed from the site at the end of the week.
- Due to rain last month, the contractor will work on Saturday, March 5, in order to keep the project on schedule.
- The new (temporary) crosswalk will be open and operational on Monday, March 7. The contractor will be installing signs, striping the road and painting curbs along 52nd Street on Saturday, March 5. The existing crosswalk will be closed for roughly one year.
- Construction of a family restroom in the existing Outpatient Center (OPC1) near Peet’s Coffee will begin on Monday, February 29. The male and female restrooms will be closed for approximately four weeks as the first phase of the family restroom is constructed. Please use the 3rd floor OPC1 public restrooms during this time.
- The PG&E trench at the intersection of MLK Jr. Way and 52nd Street will be repaved this week.
SAFETY NOTE: Please only use the crosswalks at MLK Jr. Way that are open and operational. Do not cross MLK Jr. Way from the construction side of 52nd Street. The crosswalk and sidewalk along the construction site are closed.