Master Plan Project Construction Update • January 19 – January 26
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- The next Master Plan Community Meeting is on Wednesday, April 18 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the CHORI Library.
- Ongoing site work includes installation of forms for flatwork, trash compactor foundation, south side storm drain, and pouring of curbs and gutters.
- On Monday, January 22, the Westside Atrium will open. The double doors exiting out to the new concourse pedestrian path will be closed until concrete is complete.
- Ongoing construction activities include OPC2 Westside and Service Yard Generator work, painting of stairs 1 and 2, as well as finishes and touch ups to levels 2-6.
- Installation of wall equipment and rubber sheet on walkways between the existing building and new building on levels 2-5 will occur.
- The temporary corridor into Orthopedics and Lab Blood Draw is closed. If the Orthopedics registration/waiting area or Lab Blood Draw is your intended destination, staff will greet and escort you through the clinical space to be registered.
- New temporary walls will be installed in the existing OPC to allow for removal of the temporary pedestrian tunnel into Orthopedics.
- Testing and commissioning the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems of the new building will occur.
Upcoming Weekend Work
- Possible weekend work to install interior finishes and complete site and Service Yard work may occur on:
- January 20
- January 27
- February 3
- February 10
- February 17