Master Plan Project Construction Update • April 8 – April 15
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- The last concrete foundations for the new Outpatient Center (OPC2) were placed last week.
- The first load of structural steel, metal decking and steel stairs for OPC2 was delivered last week. Steel assembly has begun and will continue this week.
- The mobile crane has been delivered. Please note that though the crane is taller than 200 feet, its size is not indicative of the final building’s height. The crane must be much taller than the building in order to properly build the steel structure. There is a beacon light at the top of the crane in order to meet FAA helicopter safety requirements.
- Steel deliveries will continue this week. Delivery trucks will enter the site at 52nd Street and unload within the fenced boundaries.
- The Women’s and Men’s restrooms in the OPC1 lobby have been reopened.
- The new crosswalk is now open at the east end of OPC1. The old crosswalk is no longer operational.
- Signs for the Residential Parking Permit (RPP) program have been installed on the streets that have submitted petitions to the City of Oakland and enforcement has begun.
SAFETY NOTE: Please only use the crosswalks at MLK Jr. Way that are open and operational. Do not cross MLK Jr. Way from the construction side of 52nd Street. The crosswalk and sidewalk along the construction site are closed.