Master Plan Project Construction Update • May 13 – 20
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Please join us for a Master Plan Community Construction Meeting on Wednesday, May 18 in the CHORI Library, 5700 MLK Jr. Way, Oakland.
- The first concrete pour at the new Outpatient Center (OPC2) site is planned for Friday, May 20. The concrete delivery trucks will arrive along westbound 52nd Street and will unload at a concrete pump located within the fenced boundaries. The trucks will exit the project site onto MLK Jr. Way. Concrete finishing operations will continue into the early evening.
- There will be work within the existing Outpatient Center (OPC1) west atrium this week. This may result in some minor noise within the building.
- There will be minor material deliveries to the OPC2 site this week. Delivery trucks will enter the site at 52nd Street and unload within the fenced boundaries.
- Signs for the Residential Parking Permit (RPP) program have been installed on the streets that have submitted petitions to the City of Oakland and enforcement has begun.
SAFETY NOTE: Please only use the crosswalks at MLK Jr. Way that are open and operational. Do not cross MLK Jr. Way from the construction side of 52nd Street. The crosswalk and sidewalk along the construction site are closed.