Master Plan Project Construction Update • November 23 – December 5, 2015
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- The repaving of northbound Martin Luther King Jr. Way between 52nd Street and 53rd Street will occur on December 5, as mandated by the City of Oakland. This work will begin at 7:00 am and be completed by 7:00 pm.
- A new fire hydrant and water irrigation line will be installed by EBMUD this week along Martin Luther King Jr. Way. The trench will be backfilled and compactedbefore Thanksgiving Day.
- The openings for garage access on the West wall of the garage have been cut for the future entering and exiting of vehicles out to Martin Luther King Jr. Way.
- New concrete curbs that will control both entering and exiting from the garage onto Martin Luther King Jr. Way will be formed this week and poured the week of November 30.
- Work will begin late in the week of November 30 on temporary signals at the crosswalk under the pedestrian bridge that connects the hospital to the Outpatient Center.
- Striping of the driveways in the garage, as well as parking gate operators and control wiring, will be installed the week of November 30.