Master Plan Project Construction Update • October 31 – November 7, 2015
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- The ramp from the east side of OPC 1 to the Sports Medicine building was opened last week. A roof will be installed over this ramp for weather protection.
- New underground power and gas connections that are needed for OPC 2 building continue to be installed along MLK Jr. Way just north of 52nd The west bound driveway access to MLK Jr. Way is permanently closed.
- Concrete will be spray applied (a method called shotcrete) on the West wall in the garage on level 1 and 2. Parking on these walls will remain closed off for the entire month of November. This added concrete will make the garage seismically stronger.
- The new pedestrian ramp was installed out of the garage and down to the east breezeway on the east side of OPC 1. This will not be opened until December 15, 2015.
- The crew that will be installing the new UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland signage on the roof facing highway 24 will be removing the signage this week. They will paint the face of that wall this week, and new letters/logo will be installed in roughly 2 weeks.