Master Plan Project Construction Update • December 6 – 13, 2015
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- The relocation of parking equipment and adjustment of traffic configurations within the parking garage will occur on Saturday, December 12 in order to minimize disruption to hospital operations. This work will begin at 9:00 am and be completed by 5:00 pm. There will be no impact to traffic as a result of this work.
- The entrance to the parking structure will move to MLK Jr. Way on Tuesday, December 15, and pedestrian access to the OPC will change the same day. Please see the map below for reference.
- Concrete divider islands for the new garage entrance on MLK Jr. Way have been poured, and the arms and sensors will be installed this week.
- The openings for garage access on the West wall in the garage have been cut for entering and exiting to MLK Jr. Way.
- Striping and signage for the new access ramp within the garage will be completed this week.
- Work will begin on handicapped sidewalk ramps for the new crosswalk under the pedestrian bridge.
- Additional signage will be installed next weekend to prepare for the opening of the garage onto MLK Jr. Way.