Master Plan Project Construction Update • March 25 – April 2
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Concrete trucks will be entering the site to pour part of the foundation that will support the new Outpatient Center (OPC2) steel structure. These concrete trucks will be staged along 52nd Street but will not significantly impact traffic.
- Ironworkers will continue to install the steel decking within the current Outpatient Center (OPC1) on Saturday, March 26.
- Due to rain this month, construction will also occur on Saturday, April 2 to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- The new crosswalk is now open at the east end of OPC1. The old crosswalk is no longer operational.
- Signs for the Residential Parking Permit (RPP) program have been installed on the streets that have submitted petitions to the City of Oakland and enforcement has begun.
SAFETY NOTE: Please only use the crosswalks at MLK Jr. Way that are open and operational. Do not cross MLK Jr. Way from the construction side of 52nd Street. The crosswalk and sidewalk along the construction site are closed.