Master Plan Project Construction Update • November 8 – 15, 2015
Progress at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland
- Installation of underground utility connections for the OPC 2 building continue along MLK Jr. Way north of 52nd Street. The west bound driveway exit access to MLK Jr. Way is permanently closed.
- Concrete will be spray applied (a method called shotcrete) on the West wall in the garage on level 1 and 2. Parking along the west walls will remain unavailable until the week of November 23. Although some parking spaces adjacent to the wall have been unavailable, there has been a surplus of physician parking spaces on the lower level throughout the construction period.
- The new pedestrian ramp was installed out of the garage and down to the east breezeway on the east side of OPC 1. This will not be opened until December 15, 2015.
- The crew installing the new UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland signage on the roof facing highway 24 will paint the face of the wall this week. The new letters are expected to be installed by Friday, November 13.
- BART is doing seismic work to the supporting columns under 52nd street west of Shattuck and further east along highway 24.